We are looking for energetic creative team members that are prepared to join our fast paced R&D team with a passion for innovation.
||Director of Software Engineering
||Full Time, Permanent
After spending over ten years building our i2e platform Scarsin has now decided to branch our development efforts into a new space, leveraging learning obtained during i2e development. This new platform offering will be a commercial product that presents additional client opportunities while expanding the software development department’s capabilities to include Web Development. We are looking for energetic creative team members that are prepared to join our fast paced R&D team with a passion for innovation.
The successful candidate will assist in the design, documentation and implementation of a new web portal/ecosystem that will allow data scientists to work more efficiently with time series data. You will use workflow diagrams, use cases, sequence diagrams and functional requirements documents along with support from the existing development department team to understand the system requirements. You will be involved from the beginning in design planning, technology choices, through to implementation and maintenance. The ideal candidate is a detail oriented professional with proven site development skills who can effectively analyze complex business requirements and translate them into a fully functional Web Portal while following an Agile methodology. The incumbent will have a solid technical foundation enabling effective communication with the development team, and have at least 5 years of related experience as a Web Developer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works in an Agile team environment consisting of the Software Director, Architects, Developers and QA;
- Implements and maintains a new Web Portal platform and creates work package estimates;
- Meet with development leadership to fully understand the targeted development;
- Participate in technical design sessions, to support best practice methodologies;
- Presents solution options and recommendations to stakeholders;
- Designs, develops and supports Microsoft ASP .NET sites and solutions;
- Assist in development of use cases;
- Utilize User Interface (UI) mock-ups and other models to validate ideas, confirm understanding, and translate business requirements into practical system design, while working with architects to fill any gap in understanding;
- Be systematic and forward-thinking in identifying and communicating gaps;
- Assist in solving issues with existing systems through research of these systems, data analysis, etc.;
- Perform various other duties as delegated or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
The successful incumbent will have:
- University degree or college diploma in Computer Sciences or related major;
- Must have at least 5 years working experience as a web developer with solid experience working with the following technologies:
- .Net , C#, T-SQL, SQL Server
- NET MVC/Core, Web API, Entity Framework
- Visual Studio
- Self-driven, able to program to task efficiently, adapt quickly to feedback
- A thirst for constantly exploring emerging technology
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and thrives working with others
- Proven, motivated self-starter with the ability to lead by example and approach and solve business problems;
- Demonstrated time management, detail-orientation, problem solving and decision-making competencies and the ability to prioritize, multi-task and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced environment by managing several concurrent projects while providing realistic delivery dates and managing stakeholder expectations
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and research problems of a complex nature, make decisions and/or present recommendations
- Ability to work autonomously and in collaborative teams to effectively prioritize multiple projects and associated deliverables
Preference for fast paced, rapid start-up culture demonstrating the values of results, teamwork, energy, agility, respect, and can-do environment.
Preference will be given to candidates who also have:
- Client Side Development
- Azure Development
- Design Patterns/Modern Dev Mythologies
- DevOps with Team Foundation Server
- Knowledge of SDLC and windows programming languages
- Experience with iterative and rapid prototyping tools & techniques